1. Which question should not be important in evaluating the value of training?
Was the cost of training within the budget?
Is the change due to training?
Is the change positive related to organizational goals?
Did change occur?
2. For organizations, _________ is an indirect cost associated with downsizing.
an increase in the unemployment tax rate
3. Employee demotions usually involve.
a reduction in pay but no loss of opportunity, status, or privilege
a decrease in status and privilege but no loss of opportunity or pay
an increase in pay and more responsibility
a cut in pay, status, privilege, or opportunity
4. Hard quotas
represent a mandate to hire or promote specific numbers or proportions of women or minority group members
systematically favor women and minorities in hiring and promotion decisions
are a commitment to treat all races and sexes equally in all decisions about hiring, promotion, and pay
are a concerted effort by the organization to actively expand the pool of applicants so that no one is excluded because of past or present discrimination
5. Because practical considerations make job tryouts for all candidates infeasible, it is necessary to __________ the relative level of job performance for each candidate on the basis of available information.
6. _____ analysis is the level of analysis that focuses on employees specifically.
7. Title VII of the _____________ states that top executives in companies receiving government support can retract bonuses, retention awards, or incentives paid to the top five senior executive officers or the next 20 most highly compensated employees based on corporate information that is later found to be