People Are Bewildered and Confused by the Technological Changes That Are Going on Around Them- They Have No Control over the Course of Their Lives Anymore. Essay

551 WordsFeb 13, 20153 Pages
Human ingenuity has created a world that the mind cannot master. Have we finally reached our limits? It is a different world than the one most of us we’re raised in. For centuries humans have been have been creating ever-more complicated systems, from the machines we live with to the informational systems and laws that keep our global civilisation stitched together. Technology continues its fantastic pace of accelerating complexity, offering efficiencies and benefits that the previous generations could not have imagined, but have we stopped to think that technology rules over our lives? As slaves to technology, we can not live without it anymore as it is too hard for our intelligent brains to comprehend, there is no turning back. What has the world come to? With gadgets that control our day to day life and high tech technology that we don’t even understand, soon there will be no humans. Smart TVs, Smart phones, Smart watches, Smart tablets, Smart vacuum cleaners, what happened to smart people? Its like the world would stop spinning if we didn’t have all this technology. If we keep relying on technology then we are going to forget simple life skills. simple things like washing the wishes, hanging the clothes, hand writing, soon kids will be asking what is a sponge. As technology keeps advancing, it requires more knowledge of people to maintain these systems. Are our brains keeping up? When technology is incomprehensible what are we to do? From kids playing backyard cricket to kids sitting around with an iPad. Essential skills are not being taught to the young as the years go on. On a social level, the two dimensional world of the flat screen does not support the development of communication. It is estimated that as much as 93% of communication is non-verbal, leaving only 7% to the words themselves. Consequently there is significant loss of meaning and intent

More about People Are Bewildered and Confused by the Technological Changes That Are Going on Around Them- They Have No Control over the Course of Their Lives Anymore. Essay

Open Document