ORAL PRESENTATION FOR COS SBA MODULE 1 – [16 MARKS]
APPORTIONING 10 MINUTES
1 min HOOK /ATTENTION GETTER/ICE BREAKER
– Purpose to capture the attention of the audience and prepare them for what is to come.
* Use a rhetorical question (your information provides the answer)
* Use a shocking statistic
* Use anecdote (brief story exposing the problem/success re your topic)
* Use graphics
* Use film/audio clip
2/3 min - Transition from your hook to your discussion of issues and challenges faced gathering or processing information. [5 MARKS]
3 mins – Transition from discussion of issues to summary of information collected from both sides.
2/3 mins – Evaluate the effect of the source, the context, medium/channel on the reliability and validity of the information collected: Identify and describe the source/s; the context/s; the medium/channel and comment on their impact on validity or reliability of information presented. [4 MARKS]
1 min – closing refer to hook.
* Provide an answer to question
* Comment on the statistic’s validity
* Offer prognosis for outcome of similar scenarios based on which of the sides of the issue had the stronger arguments
* Use opposing graphic or same graphic which with greater information can be interpreted differently
* Use audio/film clip to reinforce the stronger side of argument
* Conclude whether one side is stronger than the other or that they are both credible
ORGANISATION [3 MARKS]
Excellent use of introduction, logical sequence of ideas and conclusion [as per suggestion above]
DELIVERY [4 MARKS]
Use of CLEAR AUDIBLE voice, consistent fluency and CONFIDENCE and control of paralinguistics [umms and amms and long pauses]