Unit 1: P1 the Business Enviroment

722 Words3 Pages
TESCO’S CASE STUDY From this task I will be explain the difference between two different businesses and how different they can actually be. These will be studied form the same local area. The two companies I will be studying are Tesco and Ryder store. Tesco’s is one of the largest companies in the world and is the largest retailer in the United Kingdom, its stores are around the world and are in 20 different countries. Its sole and only sector of the market is the third sector (tertiary sector). Its main objective of the company is to make a profit for its shareholders. It describes itself as ‘to create value for the customers to earn their lifetime warranty’. They judge their success on ‘the people who shop with us and the people who work with us’. Tesco wish there service to customers to be moulded by two key elements, these are given on their website (www.tescos.com). “No one tries harder for their customers” and “Treat people as you like to be treated”. Tesco’s is an organisation which provides a service which therefore is placed in the tertiary sector of business. They operate internationally however there core business is set in the United Kingdom around 75% of the company’s revenue comes from the United Kingdom alone. However there is a large. The other 25% of their income is covered by the 19 countries they operate inside of outside of the United Kingdom. In total the company owns 2,100 stores and globally employs 280,000 people. In the United Kingdom Tesco’s grows by opening new stores and expanding on existing stores for example taking a standard Tesco’s store and making it into a Tesco superstore. From this growth it has allowed them to open up into new markets some of which are electrical and home goods, and now having stores which are built on the purpose of catering for these needs alone with no food or drinks. The reasons

More about Unit 1: P1 the Business Enviroment

Open Document