Level 3 Diploma in health and social care
Learners Name: Janos Katona
Assessors Name: ... .......
Unit 4222-306 (HSC 037)
Promote and implement health and safety in health and social care
Credit value: 6
This unit is aimed at those working in a wide range of settings. It provides the learner with the knowledge and skills required to promote and implement health and safety in their work setting.
There are nine learning outcomes to this unit. The learner will:
• Understand own responsibilities, and the responsibilities of others, relating to health and safety
• Be able to carry out own responsibilities for health and safety
• Understand procedures for responding to accidents and sudden illness
• Be able to reduce the spread of infection
• Be able to move and handle equipment and other objects safely
• Be able to handle hazardous substances and materials
• Be able to promote fire safety in the work setting
• Be able to implement security measures in the work setting
• Know how to manage stress.
Guided learning hours
It is recommended that 43 hours should be allocated for this unit, although patterns of delivery are likely to vary.
KNOWLEDGE QUESTIONS WORKBOOKLET
Outcome 1 Understand own responsibilities, and the responsibilities of others, relating to health and safety
1.1 Identify legislation relating to health and safety in a health or social care work setting
In health and social care, safety is commonly covered under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974. The Act is the overall base of health and safety law and it has been updated and influenced by all the regulations and guidelines that extend, support or explain it. This ground breaking law provides responsibilities to employers, employees and members of the public in how to handle health and safety regulations. It also requires employers to provide First Aid and important information....