BTEC First Certificate in Business
UNIT 18 Working in Business Teams
Issued to students on ________________
P1 - Describe the characteristics of an effective team
P2 - Describe, giving examples different types of team structures
P3 – Explain the benefits of team working
M1 - Assess the benefits of team working for the organisations and individual team member
Business Link is a national organisation that exists to help people when they are setting up and running their own business. You have been asked to write a magazine article to appear in the latest edition of their magazine which will be distributed to businesses.
Using the team work activities you have experienced in class and the theory you have studied you need to include the following information in the article.
• Describe the characteristics of an effective team
• Describe, giving examples different types of team structures
• Explain the benefits of team working for the organisations and individual team member using examples.
This task covers criteria P1, P2, P3 & M1.
Task to be handed in on __________________
P4 - Demonstrate working effectively as a team member and team leader dealing with any conflict or difficult situations
P5 - Review the teams overall effectiveness and own contribution to achieving goals
D1 - Evaluate the teams overall effectiveness in meeting goals, making recommendations for improvements.
Carry out team work activity and then complete a report.
When carrying out the activity the following records need to be kept:
• Job roles decisions
• Minutes of meeting
• Aims set
• Observation records will need to be filled in
These records will be used to help complete the report
The report needs to discuss:
• Description of the activity
• Each person’s role in the team and their effectiveness
• Strengths and weaknesses of the team activity
• Recommendations on how to...