1. Ricardo believes that, rather than progressing through a sequence of stages, mental processes gradually get more complex and efficient. Ricardo is most likely a proponent of ____________________. (Points : 1)
Information processing theory
Erikson's theory |
2. Louis discovers that the experiences he has in his developmental psychology class help him to deal with the children he works with at a daycare center. This relationship is best described by Bronfenbrenner's notion of _____________________. (Points : 1)
3. Dr. Lund stages a fire drill at the elementary school in order to study how children respond to potential emergency situations. Dr. Lund's method would best be described as a(n) _____________________. (Points : 1)
4. You are reading the results of a study that tracked how a particular individual's religious beliefs changed over the course of her life. The study you are reading is most likely a(n) ______________________ study. (Points : 1)
5. Which statement is not consistent with ethical research? (Points : 1)
Subject responses should be confidential.
Never tell subjects if they've been deceived.
Minimize the risks to subjects.
Give subjects the right to withdraw from the research without penalty. |
6. Which results would not support the idea that genes play a significant role in behavior? (Points : 1)
finding dizygotic twins to be more similar than monozygotic twins
finding children to be more similar to their biological parents than to their adoptive parents
finding similarities between biological siblings
finding monozygotic twins...