IMPACT OF NEW RESEARCH INITIATIVES (March 2005 – June 2012) | |
• Enhancing Research Profile (Improving SCI publications)
• Integrated Ph.D. programmes
• International Collaborations
• International Work Association Scheme
• National multi-institutional Integrated Collaborative Research Programmes
• Sponsored Projects
• Polar Research
• Help to Industry
• HR Development / Training.
|UNDERGOING PROGRAMMES (2012 – 2013) |
• Developing New crop of young scientists
• Further development of Sophisticated Laboratories (Central Facility)
• Enhanced collaboration with ONGC in Hydrocarbon Exploration
• Museum Up-gradation
• Training Programme for BSIP and Universities’ Ph.D. students and young scientists in basic and applied aspects of Palaeobotany
• International Conference on Advancements in Palaeobotany
THRUST AREAS FOR RESEARCH PROJECTS (2012 – 2017)
• Early life, atmosphere and oceans: Evidences from Indian Craton (Bio-Geosphere interactions in the Precambrian).
• Fossil land plant communities: Morpho-structure, Evolution, Systematics with applications to Biostratigraphy and Palaeoecology (Plant evolution, Anatomy, Taxonomy and Stratigraphy).
• Integrative Micropalaeontology, Biopetrology and Organic facies: Relevance to fossil fuel characterization and exploration (Integrated approach to realizing economic potential in prospective basins).
• Multi-proxy parameters for Quaternary palaeoclimate reconstructions, vegetation dynamics, relative sea level changes and anthropogenic influence (Integrated approach to climate change, modeling and sustainable ecosystems).
• Polar and Major Planetary Events (Polar research and record of events such as Tsunami, Earthquakes and Volcanism).
• Special Project of National and...