Unit three: Principles of managing information and producing documents
You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
• The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk
• Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly
• When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference
• Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Please note that this Assessment document has 5 pages and is made up of 4 Sections.
Name: Michelle Adney.
Section 1 – Understand the purpose of information technology in a business environment
1. In relation to your current business environment (or one that you are familiar with), identify at least two different types of information technology that may be used when completing work tasks.
The first type of information technology we use at our school is Microsoft Word. This is used mostly to word process letters and documents in, out and around the school. Documents are word processed and sometimes pictures are added and they are spellchecked and saved.
The second information technology used in our school Microsoft Power Point which is used in class rooms for presentations for meetings or classroom activities. It will be designed on the computer first and re-checked. Then it will be loaded on the the white board screen.
2. What are the benefits to businesses (and others) of using information technology for doing work tasks?
The benefits of using information technology are:
It’s easy to use.
It is simple to use.
It saves a lot of time.
You can change the page layout quickly.
You can use templates to set out work.
It is productive and responsive.
If we did not have information technology to do work tasks:...