Section 1 – Know the employment rights and responsibilities of the employee and employer
1. Identify four main points that would be included in a contract of employment. If possible, use an example contract to support your answer (feel free to obscure any confidential information).
1. Employers name (the company or organisation name and owner that you will be working for)
2. Employees name (your name)
3. Date work started (on which date you started work at the organisation or company)
4. Job title (the actual job you are employed to carry out)
eg. STATEMENT OF MAIN TERMS & CONDITIONS
Employers name: OMAR FAROOQ
Employees name: KHALID WALEED
Date work started: 06/01/2013
Job title: ADVISOR
note: other points are necessary too such as main place of work, hours of work etc but the above are the four main points.
2a) List three key points of legislation that affect employers in a business environment.
1. Health and safety
2. Data Protection
3. Pay and pensions
2b) List three key points of legislation that affect employees in a business environment.
1. Pay and pensions
2. Health and safety
3. Employment rights and responsibilities
3. Identify a range of places where a person can find information on employment rights and responsibilities. You should identify at least two internal and two external sources of information.
1. Informed colleagues
2. Trade union
3. Line managers
2. Legal professions
4. Describe how representative bodies can support employees.
Trade Union iS an example of a representative body. They are large organisations that represent the interests of their members.They can offer assistance through work based representatives and can help employees in Pensions, redundancy, collective bargaining and health and safety.
5. Briefly describe employer and employee responsibilities for equality and diversity in a business environment....