Turkey is a fascinating destination that is worth taking time to explore. This huge country straddling between Asia and Europe offers a unique blend of cultures and customs. Turkey has many architectural wonders, it is also a country blessed with stunning scenery and natural wonders. A geographically diverse country, Turkey offers rolling plains, broad rivers, snow-capped mountains and stunning beaches. Sea-side towns along the Turquoise Coast pulse with a youthful energy, while sleepy fishing villages just a short drive away offer a more relaxed and traditional atmosphere. Whatever place you choose to travel at, Turkey has something for everyone.
Turkeys Top 10
1. Hearing the call to prayer resound through Istanbuls streets
3. Saint Sophia Mosque, Istanbul
4. Exploring the battleflieds of Gallipoli
5. Gulet cruising on the Turqiouse Coast
6. Shopping at Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar
7. Exploring the Greco-Roman cities
8. The cave churches of Goreme in Cappadocia
9. Visiting Mt Nemurut and its towering statues
10. Watching the Whirling Dervishes of Konya
Built & Natural Destinations of Turkey
People say that Antalya is the unofficial tourism capital of Turkey. Antalya has beautiful beaches, said to be among the cleanest in the Mediterranean, and has a rich archaeological heritage. The architecture here boasts of Lycian, Hellenistic, Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman influences, among the others.
The largest city of Turkey is Istanbul. It is the only city in the world that bridges between two continents and two worlds. You can see all the contrasts of Turkey in Istanbul, being an ancient city of cultural significance and being a cosmopolitan, global city at the same time. Shopping is also very popular in this city, it is also one of the shopping capitals of Europe. Shopaholics name Istanbul as one of their favourite tourist destinations in Turkey.
The most famous thing of Cappadocia is its...