The 10 Laws of Benism
1. Do everything you can to help the unfortunate.
2. Treat others the way you want to be treated.
3. There should be a purpose for everything you do.
4. Take what you are given and do something good with it.
5. Don't dwell on your problems.
6. Be a good example.
7. Encourage others to be generous.
8. Be good to yourself so you can be good to others.
9. Know that a single act of kindness can go a long way.
10. You only have one life. Make a difference.
The Benism Philosophy
With the Benism philosophy, one believes that we are put on earth to help others without forgetting ourselves. Our purpose is to give our resources and gifts to those less fortunate. We know that a single act of kindness goes a long way. For example, in the movie, The Blind Side, a young homeless man is taken in by a loving family and is given the basic
needs of life. This movie is based on the true story of Michael Oher, a young
man who becomes a NFL draft pick.
Even though we are helping others, we should not forget to take care of ourselves. If we do this, we are happy and satisfied. Taking care of ourselves does not mean we are greedy. It means we make sure we are healthy and have our basic needs. If we did not take care of ourselves, we would dwell on our problems and lose our purpose. We would become self-centered. In order to make a difference, we must be good to ourselves in order to be good to others.
We Are The World
Michael Jackson & Lionel Richie
There comes a time
When we head a certain call
When the world must come together as one
There are people dying
And it's time to lend a hand to life
The greatest gift of all
We can't go on
Pretending day by day
That someone, somewhere will soon make a change
We are all a part of
God's great big family
And the truth, you know love is all we need
We are the world
We are the children
We are the ones who make a...