1) What is the industrial revolution?
A transformation of human life.
2) Where did the industrial revolution start?
United states, Britain, and western Europe.
3) What was the main source of power for the industrial revolution?
Steam engine and moving water
4) What area did a majority of the population move to?
5) How did this era significantly affect society?
created a modern urban society with a large middle class
6) Name three elements of the revolution that were positive? altered social relations, creating a modern, urban society with a large middle class
1. What is the youngest age that children began to work? 6 years old
2. What children were most likely to be subjected to slave like labor? Orphans
3. What kind of treatment were these children subjected to? Cruel and unusual, and the children's safety was generally neglected.
1. Who invented the first steam engine?
2. What was the first invention to increase efficiency in the textile industry? Sewing machine
3. Who was Henry Bessemer and what was his contribution to the Industrial Revolution? An English man that invented the first mass producing steel
4. Create a timeline of inventions of the Industrial Revolution from the late 1700's through the mid 1800's.
1769-improved steam engine
1775-steamship and flush toilet
1783-steal roller and hot air balloon
1804-steam powered locomotive
1810-improved printing press
1814-first picture and spectro scope
1. Who originally made up most of the union membership? Wage earners or salary workers
2. What caused workers to form unions?
3. How was the industrial revolution both good and bad for the worker?
4. What were the two types of unions that formed and how were they different?
5. Search Google and...