Tay-Sachs disease Tay-Sachs disease is a rare inherited genetic disorder which destroys nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord. TSD usually occurs in infants who show no signs of the disease until they reach the age of three to six months. At this point, the infant’s development starts to slow down, and the muscles they use for movement start to get weaker. Infants who are affected with TSD lose their motor skills and will not be able to do the things that most children their age can such as turning over, sitting up, and even crawling. In later stages of TSD, the child will experience seizures, vision and hearing loss, exhibit an abnormal startle response to loud noises and paralysis.
This is where they have one normal gene and one defective gene causing them to make both normal hemoglobin and sickle cell hemoglobin. Even though they may have some sickle cells in their blood, they normally will not experience symptoms. They will however, be carriers of this disease which means they can pass it on to their children. For each pregnancy, two people having traits of sickle cell will have a 25% chance of having an unaffected child, a 50% chance of a child who will be a carrier, and a 25% chance of having a child with sickle cell
( the parents passing certain genes to the unborn baby that make having a learning disability more likely. ( illness such as meningitis or an injury in early childhood. Sometimes there is no known cause for a learning disability.
Immunizations weaken the immune system and makes it work less efficiently.. Immunizations have harmful chemicals in them that are dangerous to the body. Children can still contract a disease regardless of getting immunized against it. A person has no guarantee that they will not contact the disease if they have been vaccinated. A person/child is less likely to contract a disease if they naturally develop an immunity for example breastfeeding or coming in contact at a young age. More than 12,000 bad reactions to vaccines are reported each year, if all doctors reported these reactions the total would be closer to 120,000 per year.
Because of the way the disease is inherited, it is much more likely for a male to obtain the disease because they have only one X chromosome, whereas females have two so it would be more difficult for them to receive it on both of their chromosomes. According to the Muscular Dystrophy Campaign, more than half of the cases of Duchenne disorder are inherited from the mother. This is because it is likely for a mother to be a carrier by the gene, but they are not typically affected by the disorder. Looking at it that way, the son of a carrier has a fifty-fifty chance of being affected while the daughter has a fifty-fifty chance of being a carrier alone. According to the same source, quite a small amount of female carriers experience a very small degree of muscle weakness
Cystic fibrosis is caused by a recessive allele, which in this case, is the faulty gene. There is a 50% chance of your child being a CF carrier, whereas there is a 25% chance of your child not having cystic fibrosis or being a carrier. A carrier is a person that has inherited a genetic trait (in this case, cystic fibrosis) and does not show any symptoms of, or does not have the disease. They are able to pass the faulty gene onto their offspring, who then may have the disease or may just be a genetic carrier. Below is a punnet diagram showing the possible genotypes of you and Paul and how likely it is for your child to inherit cystic
They can worsen the symptoms, but they are not the cause of the disease. We don’t know what makes a person get the disease. About 15% - 20% of people, the disease runs in the family. This true of people who develops the disease at a young age. Crohn’s disease is a chronic disorder that causes inflammation of the digestive or gastrointestinal (G.I.)
\ Research for Cystic Fibrosis (In Lungs) What is Cystic Fibrosis? * Cystic Fibrosis is a disease passed on through genes from a parent to a child. In patients with cystic fibrosis, the glands which aid in the production of mucus and swear malfunction, allowing mucus to become very thick and sticky. This affect the lungs because as the mucus in our lungs accumulates, our airways to the lungs can be blocked, making it hard to breathe. Also, bacteria can grow in mucus making the lungs susceptible to other diseases.
Such syndrome allows unspecified toxins to be released into the bloodstream, thus triggering autism. Recently arisen, is the idea that the relationship between the implementation of the MMR vaccine and autism is a tragic coincidence. Parents of autistic children report their kids growing up completely normal for approximately the first year of life. After getting their children vaccinated, they begin to see their
Synthesis #2 1) Approximately 1% of babies in the United States are born with fetal alcohol spectrum disorders or (FASD). FASD is an umbrella term for all birth related defects associated with alcohol exposure prenatally (O’Connor & Whaley, 2007). Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, or (FAS) is a specific medical diagnosis for permanent conditions from birth to prenatal alcohol related conditions (Rasmussen et al., 2012). FAS can result in mental disabilities, as well as psychological and behavioral problems (Rasmussen et al., 2012). Children who are diagnosed with FAS, are also put at risk for maltreatment by their mothers (Grant, Ernst, Streissguth, Stark; 2005).