Section 6 Unit 1 Introductionto Communication in Health and Social Care Level 2 Essay
465 Words2 Pages
Introduction to Communication in Health and Social Care
Section 6 (Unit 1)
1) Describe two methods of verbal communication other than one-to-one conversation.
Electronic communication – telephone calls and face time.
Group communication – handover, meetings and presentations.
2) Describe two methods of non-verbal communication.
Body Language - Position, Facial Expressions and Gestures.
Writing/Reading - Emails, Letters and Care Plans.
3) Identify five different reasons why people communicate.
* Express how their feeling. * Express emotion. * Give their views and opinions * Pass on Important Information. * Making sure their Needs & wishes are known.
4) Give two reasons why it is important to observe the reaction of a person using the service when you are communicating with them.
It is important to observe the reactions of the individual so that you can be sure they are happy with what you've discussed and that they fully understand.
5) Explain why it is important to find out about a person’s: * Communication and language needs * Wishes and preferences
It is important to know so that any problems can be identified and dealt with accordingly to their needs.
It is important so that the care and support needed is known & Effective for the individual.
6) Explain how good communication can have a good effect on the way a care worker interacts with * Colleagues * Individuals using the service and carers * Other professionals
It is really important that colleagues communicate well with each other, so that they can care for the service users properly.
Carer/Service user communication is absolutely essential to assure care needs are recognised and fulfilled.
It is important to communicate with health professionals to ensure we have as much information as we need to