San Joaquin Valley: Information Scavenger Hunt
INSTRUCTIONS: VISIT EACH LINK AND GAIN INTERESTING AND VALUABLE KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THE SAN JOAQUIN VALLEY AND SOME OF ITS FAMOUS RESIDENCE. WRITE ALL ANSWERS IN ITALICS.
SAVE AS: Am or Pm_last name_first name_sanjoaquinvalleyscavengerhunt
Submit to RosanderDropBox
1. According to the 2010 U.S. Census, the total population of the eight counties comprising the San Joaquin Valley was ___3,971,659_________________.
2. Name two famous country singers who called the San Joaquin Valley home:
_________________buck Owens_____ and ___billy Mize_____________________
3. In the 1960s and 70s, the ___United farm workers_________________, led by César Chavez_______________, went on numerous strikes and called for boycotts of table grapes.
4. Which two freeways run along almost the entire length of the San Joaquin Valley?
________Interstate 5___________ and _______State Route 99_____________
5. List the 8 counties that make up the San Joaquin Valley:
1. Fresno 5. Delano
2. Atwater 6. Los Banos
3. Ceres 7. Hanford
4. Clovis 8. Selma
Fresno County has more than ___3.3_____ million turkeys.
One out of every ___five jobs in the Central Valley is related to agriculture.
It takes __3___ gallons of water to produce a serving of lettuce; __7__ gallons of water to produce a slice of whole wheat bread; and ___14__ gallons to produce one serving of oranges.
Fresno County produces more than ___350___ commercial crops.
(True) or False (italicize one): Cotton is a food crop.
(True) or False (italicize one): California produces most of the grapes grown in the United States....