PHI 103 WEEK 5 FINAL PAPER
For the Final Paper, you will identify a specific claim relative to one of the topicslisted before and defend it with as strong an argument as possible. These topicsare presented below as questions. The best way to develop a thesis statement isto offer an answer to the question, and then state in a clear and specific sentencethe basis for your answer
.1. Should homosexuals be able to marry?
2. Is racism and anti-Semitism still a problem in the United States?
3. Is factory farming cruel to animals?
4. Is anthropogenic climate change (what used to be known as “global warming”)a problem that needs immediate and/or long term attention?
5. Should physician-assisted suicide be legal?
6. What, if any, limits should there be to embryonic stem cell research?
7. Should public workers be allowed to join unions and engage in collectivebargaining?
8. Is the death penalty just and applied fairly?
9. Are there any legitimate restrictions on gun ownership?
10. Is it a problem if one percent of Americans possess 50% of American wealthand assets?11. Should abortion be legal?12. Should evolution be taught in the public schools?13. Are science and religion in conflict?14. Can one be moral and not believe in God?Part One – ThesisIn this part of the paper, the thesis is to be stated clearly and specifically. It shouldappear no later than the end of the introduction paragraph.
2. Part Two – Argument This part of the paper will present the argument for thethesis. The focus should be on identifying the strongest support for the thesis.Then, present that support by constructing an argument. This argument, or set ofarguments, will probably employ both deductive and inductive reasoning.Part Three – Counter-thesis and counter-argumentIn this part of the paper, the strongest objection to the...