* Time/Place: Saturday August 25th 2012. My 18th birthday, party will be held at my house.
* Age group: 15-19
* Theme: 90’s theme
Appetizers and Snacks
* Bacon Wrapped Smokies | |
| Rated: | |
Submitted By: JILL1018Photo By: My4boys Prep Time: 45 MinutesCook Time: 45 Minutes | Ready In: 1 Hour 30 MinutesServings: 16 |
"Time consuming but it is well worth it! The brown sugar and bacon grease combine beautifully and give such a great taste."
1 pound sliced bacon, cut into thirds1 (14 ounce) package beef cocktail | wieners3/4 cup brown sugar, or to taste |
1. | Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). |
2. | Refrigerate 2/3 of the bacon until needed. It is easier to wrap the wieners with cold bacon. Wrap each cocktail wiener with a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Place on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle brown sugar generously over all. |
3. | Bake for 40 minutes in the preheated oven, until the sugar is bubbly. To serve, place the wieners in a slow cooker and keep on the low setting. |
Chocolate Covered Strawberries |
| Rated: | |
Submitted By: KittenPhoto By: Rachel Hundley Prep Time: 15 Minutes | Ready In: 15 MinutesServings: 24 |
"This is the simplest version of chocolate covered strawberries I know. Paraffin was originally used instead of shortening. Turn the strawberries upside down and insert by the toothpicks into a piece of styrofoam for easy cooling, or simply place them on a sheet of wax paper. White chocolate may be drizzled over the milk chocolate for a fancier look. They are perfect for weddings when decorated with...