Natural Hormone Balance
We all know that hormone imbalances can interfere with a woman's quality of life.
If a woman's hormones are not balanced,
it will manifest in her life several different ways.
Firstly, let's look at the basics:-
What is a Hormone?
They are substances secreted directly into the bloodstream and are produced by several glands and organs in the body. These organs are the ovaries, testes, thyroid, pancreas, pituitary, liver and others.
What do they do?
· Every cell in the body relies on messages transported by hormones throughout the body via the blood stream
· Hormones initiate reactions in the body
· They regulate fluid retention, mineral metabolism, sexual function and libido, reproductive functions, growth and development, ageing and numerous other functions.
What is Oestrogen?
Oestrogen is one of the hormones produced in the body
It is the basic female sex hormone and is responsible for the development of female characteristics
It is balanced in healthy individuals by the hormone - Progesterone.
What is Progesterone?
· Progesterone is a hormone produced by the ovaries, placenta and nervous tissue.
· Progesterone receptors are found in almost every tissue of the body!
· Every tissue of the body needs hormonal balance.
· Its role is to balance the effects of oestrogen.
What are Xeno-Oestrogens?
· Xeno-oestrogens are synthetic compounds that occur as a result of petrochemical industries
· They are found in environmental pollution
· Xeno-oestrogens are found in plastic. (How much plastic are you touching every day?
Please do not leave plastic water bottles in the sun and do not place plastic wrap over food or food in plastic containers, into the microwave! Do not put any hot food into plastic containers.)
Xeno-oestrogens are found in pesticides
· They are also found in many chemicals in personal care products, commonly used...