Mystic Monk Coffee Case 1 - Intro to Case Analysis

1571 Words7 Pages
Table of Contents Introduction1 Eternal Analysis2 SWOT Analysis2 PEST Analysis3 Porter's Five Forces4 Internal Analysis5 Fishbone Analysis5 Alternatives6 Recommendations6 Action Plan7 Conclusion8 References9 Mystic Monk Coffee: The Vision Introduction Near the Rocky Mountains in Wyoming, there are 13 Carmelite monks living in a small house serving as a makeshift rectory in Clark. These monks live a cloistered religious life and are dedicated to a life of prayer, silence and worship; along with following the vows of obedience, chastity and poverty. With more than 500 inquiries from young men within the community asking to join the Carmelites, Father Daniel Mary realized that a larger more permanent location was needed. Desiring property that would house a monastery, including a Gothic Church, 2 retreat centres, a convent and accommodations for approx 30 monks definitely proposed some concerns. After looking around, Father Mary found a 496 acre ranch that including some buildings that could be used for the buildings outlined above, but the $8.9 million dollar price tag was a financial obstacle. The Carmelites have a $250 thousand dollar donation that could be used toward the purchase of property. They have also been roasting coffee for the past year. Under the name of Mystic Monk Coffee the monastery has earned close to $75 thousand dollars. Currently the roasting business uses high quality, fair traded, organic Arabica beans. This coffee is sold mainly to coffee drinking Catholics via word of mouth and internet sales. With average sales of $56 thousand a month, and expenses totalling 89% of revenue, this leaves a net profit of 11%. Without compromising on their way of life, Father Mary is looking for a way to maximize the coffee roasting business to realize his dream of a full fledge monastery. External Analysis There are

    More about Mystic Monk Coffee Case 1 - Intro to Case Analysis

      Open Document