Mystic Monk Case Study Questions

1711 Words7 Pages
1. Has Father Daniel Mary established a future direction for the Carmelite Monks of Wyoming? What is the vision for the monastery? What is the vision for Mystic Monk Coffee? What is the Mission of the Carmelite Monks of Wyoming? Yes – Father Daniel Mary has established a future direction for the Carmelite Monks. He wants to purchase a 500 acre ranch where he can build a new Mount Carmel. He want to increase the number of monks at the monastery from 13 to 30, He also wants to build a church, a convent, a retreat center for visitors, and a hermitage. He doesn’t really seem to have a vision for Mystic Monk Coffee beyond using it to support the purchase of the ranch and possibly purchasing a larger roaster. The mission of the Carmelite Monks is to follow their religion. The monks spend the majority of their time –at least 8 hours a day -in solitude, silence and prayer. 2. Does it appear that Father Daniel Mary has set definite objectives and performance targets for achieving his vision? No he does not appear to have set objectives and performance targets. It is stated that Father Daniel Mary does not have much business experience He has a goal of raising $8.9 million dollars but his only plan to do so is to use the revenue from Mystic Monk Coffee and donated funds. He doesn’t have a set time period to raise the money in. He does not appear to have a financial plan in place for Mystic Monk Coffee or any short or long term goals for obtaining donations. Also it does not appear that the coffee business would make enough revenue to realistically fund the purchase of the ranch. The company has only been running for a year. At the end of the year the company had average sales of about $56,500 a month. Only 11% of this was revenue – the other 89% went to cost of sales, inbound shipping, broker fees and cost of goods sold. At this rate it would take

More about Mystic Monk Case Study Questions

Open Document