Answers will also be graded on the following criteria:
• Information should come from the course textbook, articles, and Lecture Videos
• Completeness – inclusion of all relevant key information along with examples.
• Logical sequence of the information
• Correct and complete in-text citations and references in APA 6th ed. format for the information in your answers. Lack of citations or references will result in points deducted for the applicable question. You may put your reference just under each answer.
• Use complete, grammatically correct sentences.
1. Select three historical nursing leaders identified in the course lecture videos and describe their contribution to the development of nursing theory. (20 pts poss.)
Florence Nightingale – Nightingale established the medical view point differences from the patient and from the nurse perspective (Alligood, 2010, p. 5). Nightingale thought the most important lesson for nurses was to observe the patient’s environment - whether they were in a clinical environment or in their own home environment. Person – The person’s mental, physical, social, emotional & spiritual wellbeing. Health - Prevention & Health Promotion. Nursing – Nightingale defines different types of nursing; proper, general & midwifery nursing (Alligood, 2010, p. 99). Nightingale’s Theory reformed nursing in England in the 1800’s. And also provided a guideline for nurses to view the patient holistically.
Jean Watson – Watson laid a foundation for The Theory of Human Caring. Watson’s Philosophy was what she call 10 Carative Factors, Watson’s Caritas Processes, Patients Perspective & Nurse Reflection (Alligood, 2010, p. 113). Watson believed caring for the patient is the most important attribute of the nurse. Watson’s contribution to nursing is placing a guide for nursing care using the Carrative Factors (1979); she also established the Caritas Clinical Process (2001). Watson viewed the person through caring for the 3 spheres of mind, body...