HR590 Writing Assignment #1: Job Analysis
The HR Receptionist’s main function will be to provide assistance to 10-employee HR office. The job entails a number of administrative functions, but mainly to help ensure that the Human Resource department runs smoothly.
Essential Job Functions:
• Answer phones and transfer calls to the proper person or department.
• Maintaining personnel and other filings
• Assisting the public and employees with personnel questions
• Dispensing information to appropriate persons
• Review and process forms for personnel changes
• Monitor staff time and payroll items
• Handle HR director’s calendar
• Handle office mail
• Typing documents as needed
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Specific Requirements (Technical Knowledge, Software, Etc.)
• Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
Education and Experience
• Previous reception desk experience ideal but not required
• Education, High School Diploma or equivalent
The Job Analysis Process
The job analysis process must be logically conducted in a methodically manner. The process generally involves several stages and it is usually outlined in order. The first part of the job analysis process is the “Planning the Job Analysis”, this part of the analysis involves not only the managers, but the employees as well. The most crucial thing to do at this stage is to identify the objectives of the job to be analyzed. Whether it is to update an existing job, to create a new one, to revise any current compensation program, or to change any parts of the organization to align with the business strategies better, the planning is absolutely required. Whatever the case may be for the changes, upper management’s support is crucial because changes often result in resistance or anxieties amongst employees.
Preparing and introducing the job analysis is the second part of the process and this usually involves looking over the...