In this recipe there are a total of 53g of carbohydrates, 6g from dietary fiber and 4g from sugars. There are 7g of fat, 2.5g from saturated fat and 12g of protein. There is 15% of daily vitamin A and 10% of vitamin C. 15% of the daily calcium and 20% of the daily iron. 3. Which ingredients are providing each nutrient?
1-M3Unit-11 M3. Describe why the identified specific dietary needs require dietary adjustment for the two patients/service users. Malnutrition When a patient is suffering from malnutrition, he/she should have foods that are high in calories. Being a professional nurse, I would especially recommend patients to eat at least 10 times more calories food as healthy people. Because as malnutrition patients are weak and thin, the healthy high calorie food contains high amount of nutrients, vitamins and minerals.
For B6 (Pyridoxine), my DRI was 1.3 mg. My intake was 0.8 mg, which is an intake of 60%. A deficiency of B6 vitamins leads to poor growth, skin lesions, decreased immune function, anemia, and neurological symptoms. In order to improve my intake of B6, I could consume more fortified breakfast cereals and also more meat. For B12 (Cabalamin), my DRI was
My recorded intake on protein was average, the carbohydrates were low, and my lipids were high. Because of the off balance I would need to make sure that my diet supplies the carbohydrates that are needed for my body. I need to add more green and orange vegetables, fruits, and whole grain. I ate meat and dairy which made the protein in each food complete. (Dietary-Reference-Intakes2002).Says protein intake should be 50 to 100 grams per day and should be within 10 to 35 percent of energy intake.
The protein in the foods eaten complete or incomplete, therefore combine to become more balance. Why is this important and how much on a daily basis recommended protein, carbohydrate, and lipid intake achieved. What was the reaction toward the number? If the intake of macronutrient is insufficient, what can be done to bring it into a suggested range? Provide specific suggestion My recorded protein, carbohydrate, and lipids intake compare to the recommendation of the Dietary Reference Intake of protein for the total three days were 103, carbohydrate 397, and lipids 791.
You can allocate your total daily calories among the three classes of macronutrients to suit your preferences; just make sure that the three percentage values you select total 100% and that your values fall within the Acceptable Macronutrient Distribution Ranges (AMDRs) set by the Food and Nutrition Board of the National Academies. For example, you may choose targets of 15% of total daily calories from protein, 35% from fat, and 50% from carbohydrate. Fill in your percentage goals in the chart
Carbohydrates are the body main source of energy and are easily broken down into glucose (sugar) which is used for immediate energy. They ensure that my muscles, kidneys, brain and nervous system properly functions. Throughout life I have learned that fats (lipids) were bad for my health only to find out those small amounts in my diet is important for normal body function. My daily-recommended intake (DRI) of fats is 58-101g kcal (kilocalories) and 519-908 kcals of carbohydrates. I actually hit the mark at 100% putting my intake at 72, and carbohydrates were nowhere near my needed intake, I was in the red below at 49%.
It contains 14.4 g of total dietary fiber/L. It also meets or exceeds 100% of the recommended daily intake for 24 essential vitamins and minerals. It is also gluten and lactose-free ("Jevity 1 Cal"). Why are these important for J.M.? Some people suffer from a disease called celiac disease, a chronic autoimmune disorder that damages the duodenum and proximal jejunum mucosa.
the target amount of dairy that needs to be consumed on a weekly basis is about three cups. I only have an average intake of about half a cup. I am two and a half cups below the recommended amount although there is no specific amount required. This being said, I could eat more fat free yogurt or drink more fat free milk on a daily basis. Protein foods are another important aspect of a person's diet.
A good and efficient way to lose weight, one should consume 500 calories less than normal for a week. Also instead of eating 3 big meals a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner), one should spread the meals out to 5 smaller meals a day. Metabolism can be sped up by eating one meal every 2 and a half to 3 hours. It is important to watch what is consumed. Staying away from fast foods, fatty foods (cookies, chips, candy, etc.