1.0 Executive Summary
6 month campaign from March – September 2009
Key outcomes: increase acquisition and retention.
The target market will be segmented in order to maximize the response rate from each of the below segments:
1) Occasional donors
2) Mid-level donors (Yummy Mummies)
3) Major donors
a. Male (wealthy investors)
b. Female (MSB’s)
To further optimize the campaign these segments will be targeted based on their recent activity:
- Regular donors
- Lapsed donors
- Never donated before
With a budget of £150,000 a digital marketing plan has been devised to target the segments identified above. The main goals of the campaign are to:
- Gain an incremental 80,100 unique site visitors
- Gain an incremental 32,040 donors
- Increase online donation revenue by £320,400
- Create an ROI of 114% for the 6 month period
- Through retention marketing create a lifetime value and an ongoing monthly revenue of £160,200 and a yearly increase of £1,922,400
- Raise awareness of the brand online and increase understanding of what the charity actually offers
• Analyze target markets to identify key behavior.
• Invest in digital channels to:
o Grow awareness of the ‘World’s Biggest Coffee Morning’
o Increase traffic to the website
o Grow participation in the event
o Acquire new qualified traffic
o Deliver an increase in overall fundraising
o Increase brand awareness and understanding
o Maximize lifetime value of existing customers.
• CRM to retain new donors and to increase the lifetime value of the donor
2.0 Situational Analysis
Well known brand. Highly recommended by existing customers. Awareness ratings have doubled since 2007.
Voted as the most effective charity in 2007 for the 3rd year running by UK MPs.
Produces feel good factor to people who donate. Unlike other types of transaction, consumers are happy to pay (and do not expect any goods or services in return).