In 1933, the Jewish population of Europe stood at over nine million. Most European Jews lived in countries that Nazi Germany would occupy or influence during World War II. By 1945, the Germans and their collaborators killed nearly two out of every three European Jews as part of the "Final Solution," the Nazi policy to murder the Jews of Europe. During the era of the Holocaust, German authorities also targeted
Hitler deliberately expressed his hate toward Jews and gave ample warnings, as it was all written down in his autobiography “Mein Kampf”. In 1935, the introduction of the Nuremberg Laws stripped German Jews of their citizenship and civil rights. Jewish rights were steadily restricted, as in many cases Jewish political and intellectual leaders were the first to be sent to concentration camps. The Night of Broken Glass, on November 9, 1938 lead to the death of approximately 100 Jews, while other 30,000 were sent to concentration camps. Jewish businesses along with almost every synagogue in Germany were damaged or completely destroyed.
Jews, Hitler, the Nazi party and other German’s were involved in the holocaust. The Nazi’s decided that the Jewish race needed to be exterminated for no other reason than their ancestry and chosen religion. It first started of with discrimination; then the Jews were separated from their communities and persecuted. During the Second World War the Nazi’s were planning on killing the entire Jewish population. Of the nine million Jews who had lived in Europe at the time before the Holocaust, approximately two-thirds were perished.
CASE STUDY: THE HOLOCAUST Prejudice is any preconceived attitude, opinion or feeling towards an individual or group of people, which could be either favourable or unfavourable. Most psychologists consider the holocaust in relation to prejudice. The holocaust was a specific period in the 20th century where the Jews were systematically persecuted and annihilated by the Nazi’s. During this era, the handicapped were also targeted. Millions more including: homosexuals, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Soviet (Russian) prisoners of war, and citizens who didn’t agree, died under the Nazi tyranny as well.
Nicolas Miedema 05/04/12 Mr. Carunchia U.S. History Auschwitz WWII has probably been the greatest event one the world. It was a war between the axis power and the allied power. The greatest protagonist in this war was Germany, the one who started the war and in charge of the death of approximately 6 million Jews (mtsu.edu). This massacre is worldwide known as the HOLOCAUST. They send the Jews to concentration camps to torture or kill them.
The plant is still owned by the Mengele's as an implement factory in Germany. The people who had known him at a very young age would tell you that "He was a serious student with clear ambition and lots of intelligence", and also nick-named "Beppo" by childhood friends. He was the eldest of three, his younger brothers being Karl and Alois. For a time, Mengele studied under Otmar Von Verschuer at the Frankfurt University Institute of Hereditary Biology and Racial Hygiene. In his studies at the university he focused his efforts on physical anthropology and genetics.
The Hiroshima state health department estimated that, of the people who died on the day of the explosion, 60% died from flash or flame burns, 30% from falling debris and 10% from other causes. During the resulting months, large numbers died from the effect of burns, radiation sickness, and other injuries, compounded by illness. In a US estimate of the total immediate and short term cause of death, 15–20% died from radiation sickness, 20–30% from burns, and 50–60% from other injuries, compounded by illness. In both cities, most of the dead were civilians, although Hiroshima had a large stronghold. After that people in Hiroshima and Nagasaki those who were affected by the radiation started to get leukemia.
The Holocaust During WWII, the single, most aggressive act towards a race of people occurred, the Holocaust. The Holocaust refers to the period from January 30, 1933 - when Adolf Hitler became chancellor of Germany - to May 8, 1945, when the war in Europe officially ended. During this time, Jews in Europe were subjected to progressively harsher persecution that ultimately led to the murder of 6,000,000 Jews and the destruction of 5,000 Jewish communities. The Jews who died were not casualties of the fighting that ravaged Europe during World War II. Rather, they were the victims of Germany's deliberate and systematic attempt to annihilate the entire Jewish population of Europe, a plan Hitler called the “Final Solution”.