Public Services Extended Diploma
Year 1: Subsidiary Diploma
Year 2: Extended Diploma
You will gain the knowledge, understanding and skills required for success in current and future employment, or for progression to courses such as BTEC Higher Nationals, Foundation degrees or Honours degrees. The course will be assignment-based using individual and group work, which will require you to complete investigations, reports and presentations.
The public services offer a range of diverse and exciting opportunities for suitably qualified candidates. This qualification has been developed to meet the needs of a broad spectrum of public service areas, from uniformed roles in defence, emergency, security and justice, to non-uniformed roles in central and local government, as well as related voluntary and private sector agencies.
You will learn a wide range of transferable skills needed for public service employment.
You will have the opportunity to be involved in taster sessions, trips and visits with a range of public service organisations, and listen to the experience of visiting speakers.
• Selection is by interview.
• You should have at least 5 GCSEs at minimum grade C including English Language or a BTEC First Diploma with a Merit profile or equivalent.
• Mature students will be assessed on the basis of an interview with the course co-ordinator.
• You should be interested in all aspects of public services, outdoor activity and sport
• Government Policies & the Public Services
• Leadership & Teamwork in the Public Services
• Citizenship, Diversity & the Public Services
• Physical Preparation, Health & Lifestyle for the Public Services
• Understand the Impact of War, Conflict & Terrorism on Public Services
• Outdoor & Adventurous