Human Resource Management - II (MB2D4): January 2009
· Answer all 100 questions.
· Marks are indicated against each question.
1. Job evaluation is the evaluation or rating of jobs to determine their position in the job hierarchy. Which of the
following is the primary objective of job evaluation?
(a) To avoid discrimination of any kind in wage administration
(b) To provide basis for classification of new or changed jobs
(c) Determine the relative worth of different jobs in the organization and provide the basis for the
compensation management system
(d) To manage internal and external consistency in the compensation
(e) To ensure employee satisfaction with respect to the compensation.
2. Joint councils are for the whole unit (organization, divisional/regional or zonal branch) and their membership is
confined to those who are actually engaged in the organization. Which of the following is the main function of the
(a) Promoting cordial industrial relations
(b) Settling matters that remain unresolved at the unit level and council level.
(c) Enhancing the operational efficiency of workers
(d) Providing welfare facilities to workers
(e) Educating workers to contribute effectively to such schemes.
3. Employer and employee are susceptible for which of the following causes of accidents?
(a) Lack of education and training
(b) Human errors
(c) Technical errors
(d) Psychological problems
(e) Occupational hazards and risks.
4. Which of the following can be defined as “the act of increasing knowledge and skill of an employee for doing a
5. The core features of trade unions have remained the same over the centuries despite sweeping changes in some on
their peripheral features. Which of the following is not a basic feature of trade unions?
(a) A trade union is an association between workmen and employer and not between...