Chapters 16 - 26
DIRECTIONS: Use you textbook to read and locate the answers for the following questions.
1. What was the Neutrality Act and what did this Act allow?
2. What did the Lend-Lease Act do?
3. As you read about how the United States mobilized for war, note how each of the following contributed to that effort.
a. Selective Service System
d. War Production Board (WPB)
4. What Happened at Pearl Harbor?
5. How did the American response to the Japanese raid on Pearl Harbor differ from Japanese expectations?
6. Describe D-Day.
7. What is V-E Day?
8. As you read about the Allied war effort, take notes to explain what made each event a critical moment or turning point in the war.
d. Iwo Jima
e. Los Alamos
f. August 1945, Hiroshima & Nagasaki
9. What caused the race riots in the 1940s?
10. What was Executive Order 9066?
11. Why did President Roosevelt order the internment of Japanese Americans?
12. What is the United Nations and why was this organization established?
13. What caused the tension between the Soviet Union and the United States after WWII?
14. Briefly describe the beginnings of the Cold War.
15. What was the Potsdam Conference?
16. What was the outcome of the Potsdam Conference?
17. Describe the Containment Policy.
18. What was the Truman Doctrine?
19. What was the Marshall Plan?
20. What was the Berlin Airlift?
21. Describe the North Atlantic Treaty...