AP U.S. History -- Researching the Twenties
Starting points for research
• American Pageant: Chapters 31 and 32 (up to Hoover Battles the Great Depression p. 766)
• American Spirit: pages 265 – 293
• Discovering the American Past: pages 164 – 189
• Handouts from Mrs. Ariemma
This activity will consist of a written research paper, presentation, visual(s), and ten AP style quiz questions (question and five answer selections) prepared for your classmates by each group. Each group will research and prepare a 20-minute presentation on a topic of the period (this will include a visual; PowerPoint, overhead transparencies, poster board). Groups will receive two test grades: one individual grade for the written research, and one group grade for the presentation (includes quiz questions, presentation, and compiled research). The quiz questions will be given to the students in the class after each presentation. The grades for each quiz will count as a daily grade for the students who will take the quiz (each student will have a total of four quiz grades).
• The written research paper will be a compilation of each group members’ effort. Each member will research and write about an aspect of the group’s topic (see below). Papers will be in APA style and will include internal citation, and a cover page. The final page of the compilation will be a reference page of all the sources used by each member in alpha order. Each group member will receive an independent grade for this paper, according to the work submitted (see rubric).
• Research papers will be typed in Times New Roman 12pt font and double-spaced.
• If your group is planning a PowerPoint, you will want to visit docs.google.com, this is a sharing site, which will make it easy for you to contribute to a PowerPoint.
To ensure that the topics are covered with detail, each group should refer to the chapter identification sheets on chapters 31 and 32. In addition, keep in...