1. Hair must be clean and tied up at ALL times.
2. Hands and nails must be clean. NO nail varnish
3. Uniforms need to be clean, black trousers/ mid length black skirts may be worn. NO trainers to go out onto the floor, black comfortable shoes are to be worn
4. TAKING ORDERS
* Be prompt, polite and helpful.
* Upsell!!!!! Recommend dishes and always ask if they would like any sides/ drinks
* MUST state if it is a ‘light bite’ or main meal and be clear.
* ALWAYS write table numbers on the cheques take order to the chef first and then to the bar to be put on a tab, this includes desserts, drinks and anything else they order.
* If it is off the specials board, write the price next to it and give to bar staff.
* If there is a wait on food always make the customer aware of the wait and update them on their order as chef says.
* Once food is served, ALWAYS ask “Is there anything else I can get you?” they may want more drinks, sauces etc.
* MUST check back with the customer 2-3 mins after serving them their meal. Checking half way or after their meal is NOT good enough.
* Waitress pads are to be kept in the kitchen with the blue carbon piece of paper; this copies the order for you so you don’t waste time writing it out twice.
* Be prompt at collecting plates once meal is finished, this means any cutlery, sauce pots, glasses etc.
* ALWAYS ask if they would like any desserts/drinks/coffee.
* IF MISTAKES KEEP HAPPENING- IT WILL BE TAKEN OUT OF YOUR WAGES, IT IS IN YOUR INTEREST TO GET ORDERS CORRECT AND TO GIVE TO THE BAR STAFF IN ORDER FOR THE CUSTOMER TO BE CHARGED CORRECTLY.
5. CLEARING DOWN
* ALL bins must be emptied at the end of the night and put in the bins.
* ALL washing up is to be done on the night, not left for the next morning.
* ALL sides need to be cleaned, including near the freezers.
* FLOOR- must be mopped every night. Full bucket of hot water and cleaning...