ETHICS IN ACTION INSTRUCTIONS
In Modules/Week 3, 5, & 6, you will watch and respond to Ethics in Action Segments and answer the corresponding questions found below. The Ethics in Action presentations can be found within the assigned modules.
Your responses should be clearly written, well thought out, with proper grammar, spelling, and sentence structure. Limit your answers to each open-ended question to one paragraph.
Refer to the Grading Rubric to ensure your submission is completed correctly.
Module Three Questions
Segment One: Teen Pregnancy
1. If this was your client, what would you say and do? Be specific. Why would you respond this way?
2. What is an Informed Consent Form and why is it important? What would you include on your own Informed Consent Form regarding confidentiality? Why?
3. What does the law in your own state say regarding how you need to handle this kind of situation? See http://www.nbcc.org/directory/ to look up legal information related to your state.
4. What do the ACA and AACC Code of Ethics say regarding confidentiality?
Segment Two: Big Brother
1. If this was you client, what would you say and do? Be specific. Why would you respond this way?
2. According to the law in your state, what is your legal obligation to disclose information if your client told you he/she intended to physically harm himself or someone else? How is this similar or different to the ethics codes? See http://www.nbcc.org/directory/ to look up legal information related to your state.
3. What are your state’s legal requirements related to handling reports of child abuse and neglect and adult abuse? See http://www.nbcc.org/directory/ to look up legal information related to your state.
4. Do you have any personal issues or history that might hinder your ability to effectively respond to client feelings (e.g., to anger, sadness, fear, or shame)? What are some ways you plan to appropriately manage your own feelings and reactions as they arise...