Anti Essays offers essay examples to help students with their essay writing.

Sign Up

Employee Privacy Report

Open Document

Below is a free excerpt of "Employee Privacy Report" from Anti Essays, your source for free research papers, essays, and term paper examples.

Over the years, the Internet gained popularity and become the technology that everyone is relying on to live. The Internet has become an increasingly important tool in our society. More people are using the Internet to conduct daily activities such as business, social networking, grocery shopping, education, and personal communication. Internet went beyond that to be used in medical field to save lives and assist with broad banded critical surgeries.
  This essay will address the Internet and e-mail use at my job as well as the privacy policies lined up within its use. The author in this essay will outline the current laws regulating employee email and Internet privacy; explaining why organizations implement these policies. In conclusion the author will focus on the assumptions employees might make to their privacy at work, and how they affect them.
At work Internet use constitute 75% of the company operations while the other 25% is done over the phone. The 75% tasks are mainly email reservations, email confirmations, trip sheets, payment processing, and advertising. The other 25% of the whole operations are mainly the phone reservations, driver’s text dispatches, and some telemarketing. The San Diego Prestige Ride owns the Internet infrastructure and for that matter, the data processed over that infrastructure is considered a company records, and at any time the company has the authority to monitor it and audit it.
The San Diego prestige transportation company does not have an information technology department, but instead they hired a contractor who built the network for them and monitor it over the Internet as well. The company emphasizes using the Internet for business related activities only. All computers are password protected and it is every employee responsibility to protect that password or the account assigned to him or her.
The company database has customers’ financial data such as bank accounts, credit cards, and the billing information’s related...

Show More


MLA Citation

"Employee Privacy Report". Anti Essays. 22 Jun. 2018


APA Citation

Employee Privacy Report. Anti Essays. Retrieved June 22, 2018, from the World Wide Web: https://www.antiessays.com/free-essays/Employee-Privacy-Report-184840.html