You are working as a research assistant to a senior researcher for the National Institute of Justice who has recently been assigned to a task force project on violence in the United States. Your supervisor asks you to begin preliminary research for the project by creating a PowerPoint presentation with some of the other research assistants. Assume that your fellow group members are the other research assistants and that you have been asked to provide a PowerPoint presentation as a team, describing violence in the United States. Be sure to include the following:
· Describe the rates of violence (murder, aggravated assault, rape, robbery) in the United States, and compare them to at least 2 other industrialized countries.
· Discuss some of the difficulties of comparing crime rates across countries.
· Describe some of the macro-level social and economic factors that differentiate the United States from other countries.
· Discuss some of the potential reasons for the United States’ high violence rate in comparison to other industrialized countries.
· Discuss which criminological theories may be used to explain the United States’ high rate of violence.
Individual Portion: Each group member will provide the following deliverables to the other members for discussion. Also, you must hand a copy to your instructor for accountability reasons. The following must be included in your individual portion:
· Write a 1-page description on how you would like to present the presentation about crime rates. What should be your points of emphasis pertaining to reasons and specific data on crime rates?
· Write a 1-page outline on how you would like the PowerPoint to be constructed for this specific topic. Why you want it this way should be explained in a brief manner in the outline.
· Write a bulleted list comparing and contrasting the United States' crime rates with other countries around the world.
· Discuss your deliverables, and make decisions on what should be included in...