Corporate Tax Return Problem 1

1078 Words5 Pages
Required: * Complete Alvin's Music Inc.'s (AMI) 2013 Form 1120, Schedule D, and Schedule G (if applicable) using the information provided below. * Neither Form 4562 for depreciation nor Form 4797 for the sale of the equipment is required. Include the amount of tax depreciation and the tax gain on the equipment sale given in the problem (or determined from information given in the problem) on the appropriate lines on the first page of Form 1120. Page C-14 * Assume that AMI does not owe any alternative minimum tax. * If any information is missing, use reasonable assumptions to fill in the gaps. * The forms, schedules, and instructions can be found at the IRS website (www.irs.gov). The instructions can be helpful in completing the forms. Facts: Alvin's Music Inc. (AMI) was formed in 2006 by Alvin Jones and Theona Smith. Alvin and Theona officially incorporated their store on June 12, 2007. AMI sells (retail) all kinds of music-related products including musical instruments, sheet music, CDs, and DVDs. Alvin owns 60 percent of the outstanding common stock of AMI and Theona owns the remaining 40 percent. * AMI is located at 355 Music Way, East Palo Alto, CA 94303. * AMI's Employer Identification Number is 29-5748859. * AMI's business activity is retail sales of music-related products. Its business activity code is 451140. * Officers of the corporation are as follows: * Alvin is the chief executive officer and president (Social Security number 123-45-6789). * Theona is the executive vice president (Social Security number 978-65-4321). * Gwen Givens is the vice president over operations (Social Security number 789-12-3456). * Carlson Bannister is the secretary (Social Security number 321-54-6789). * All officers devote 100 percent of their time to the business and all officers are U.S. citizens. *

More about Corporate Tax Return Problem 1

Open Document