Climate Change/Global Warming Exercise
As discussed in class, climate change/global warming is popular topic in the news today. As we also know, there are many varying opinions on the topic. Please read the section in your textbook, Global Warming and the Greenhouse Effect (chapter 4), for an overview of the subject. Also, at the bottom of this page, I have included a number of websites with additional information. Please give me your view of the issue in a 3 page typed paper. Use at least 2 of the websites below and 1 website that you find to support your answers. In your discussion, please answer the following questions (use as your base):
1. Using the website below please calculate your carbon footprint. Were you surprised? If so why? If not, why not? What (if anything) does this exercise tell you?
2. Do you think global warming is human induced? Why? Support your answer using website links.
3. The United States is one of the leading producers of carbon dioxide. Do you think the U.S. should take a more active global role in reducing climate change? Why? Support your answer using website links.
4. Do you think that is fair to have developing countries (India and China) restrict their emissions when they are trying to reach a standard of living similar to the United States?
5. What to you think is the most harmful/devastating affect of global warming? Why? Support your answer using website links.
6. What can you do to help with climate change? Is it too big of an issue for one person/family to do anything?
Please remember to support your answer and reference the article/website used.