CIS 524 WEEK 4 CASE STUDY 2
CIS 524 Week 4 Case Study 2,
CIS 524 Week 4 Case Study 2
Case Study 2: Design Process
Due Week 4 and worth 90 points
You have recently started your own software design company. You discover that your local DMV is looking to build a system that will allow receptionists to check customers in quickly. They would like for the system to allow customers to self-check-in during busy times, but have receptionists check customers in the rest of the time. Your company puts a bid in for the project and wins.
Read the article located at http://www.bcs.org/upload/pdf/ewic_hc07_lppaper18.pdf.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
1. Suggest the prototyping technique you would use for this system and support your rationale.
2. Create a management plan containing eight to ten (8-10) stages for proper design of such a system.
3. Explain each stage of the management plan and justify your rationale.
4. Estimate the length of time it will take to complete each stage of the management plan.
5. Compare and contrast the self-check-in interface with the interface a receptionist would use.
6. Use Microsoft Visio or an open source alternative, Dia, to create a total of two (2) graphical representations of your proposed interfaces, one (1) for the self-check-in and one (1) for the receptionist. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
7. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Include a cover page containing the title...