Mock CAT – I
The test has 165 questions.
The total time for the test is 120 minutes.
The paper is divided into three sections
Section 1 : 55 questions – Quantitative Techniques
Section 2 : 55 questions – Data Interprétation & Reasoning
Section 3: 55 questions – English & Reading Comprehensive
( Don’t use calculator
( Correct answer carries 1 mark
( Wrong answer carries ¼ negative marks
SECTION - 1
1. In a party I asked to a young woman “How old are you”?
She answered “ my age four years hence multiplied by two and from that subtracted three times my age ten years ago will give you my exact it age :
How old do you think she was?
(a) 17 (b) 18 (c) 19 (d) 20
2. Test on three subjects physics, Chemistry & Biology are to be conducted simultaneously, the number of candidates for the tests are 68,36 & 72 respectively. Candidates are to be seated in different rooms such that each room will have candidates of the same subject and the load on each invigilator be the same i.e. the number of candidates in each room should be the same what is the minimum number of rooms you need for the purposes.
(a) 22 (b) 30 (c ) 44 (d) none of these
3. There are 30 persons waiting to be recruited for playing cricket at the national level. Two teams are to be picked up: the first team recruited shall play the Australia, and the second shall play against the srilanka. In how many ways can be cricket board select these teams?
(a) 2x30P11 (b) 30C11X19C11 (c ) 30P11X19P11 (d) 30C11X19C11/2!
4. If a: b: c = 8:7:3 find the ratio of (a+2b+c) : (2a+3b-c)
(a) 25:34 (b) 18:12 (c ) 12:18 (d) 34:25
5. Find the value of 0.0758 * 0.0758 * 0.0758 + 0.9242 *...