Critique Summary - Business Week Publication Template
Thank you for taking my class.
Please this save this document and then Upload the File you saved to the Portal File Exchange correct assignment day and click the >>> Mark as Final <<< BOX.
Critique for Article #1 Student Name:
Enter The Multilatinas
Please list 7-statements from the Business Week Article
1. Growing companies in rapidly developing Latin American economies mean competition for the U.S., and even for China and India
2. U.S., Western European, and Japanese companies are now facing serious competition of their own. It's coming not only from Western businesses that have adjusted to the realities of globality, but also from a second and third wave of challengers -- many of them from Latin America. We call them "Multilatinas."
3. What is happening in Latin America is a combination of economic reform, advances in technology, improved education, comparatively low costs, abundant natural resources, and increased management sophistication. Combine these factors, and you have a sure-fire formula for economies that breed winners.
4. U.S. companies also can use Latin America as a low-cost, nearby manufacturing platform that can produce goods for Latin America's rapidly expanding middle class, capturing tens of millions of new customers. The potential is huge; with Latin America's total population nearly double that of the U.S.
5. Like multinational corporations from other regions, many Multilatinas have expanded overseas through mergers and acquisitions, consummating some 312 deals from January 1998 through September 2008.
6. While the Multilatinas will create additional headaches for some managers, they'll create opportunity for others.
7. Companies with available cash should seize the moment and consider entering new markets, introducing new products for the Latin market, and filling voids in their portfolios through...