21 April 2013
Business CODE of ETHICS
Face with the opportunity to start a new business, I see major problems and dilemmas within the company, I need to create an ethical conduct for guidance. Code of Ethics is the backbone to any business large or small. Code of Ethics is define as a written set of guidelines issued by an employer to its workers and management to help them conduct their actions in accordance with its primary values and ethical standards. For my paper I chose self-employment, I will determine the type of ethical system that my new company Happiness LLC. uses and the reason upon which I based my decisions. I will include the ethical system driven, by Theoretical level ethics. Although the theoretical level code seems to be a superior type of ethical code, it is very difficult to consistently meet the requirements of this type of code of ethic. As a new business owner, I have a responsibility to build the foundation for my company. I prefer to design a code of ethic that can be monitored and self-monitored by employees. All employees affiliated with this company shall follow this specific list of rules regarding behavior and decision-making:
1. All employees shall conduct themselves in an appropriate and professional way when fulfilling duties affiliated with the company.
2. All employees shall be treated equally by the company and will not be discriminated against for race, religion, gender, or beliefs.
3. Customer’s needs are always considered top priority.
4. Love and help children and your parents.
5. Take care of yourself and safeguard and improve your environment. Get care when you are ill, keep your body clean, get rest, be of good appearance, take care of your own area, and help take care of the planet.
6. Be worth of trust and fulfill your obligations and keep your word once given.
7. Be competent and industrious, have willingness to look, learn and...