1. Psychologists are concerned with human biology because the human biology shows how the brain works and many mental illnesses are related to the brain.
2. Neurons have two specialized projections called dendrites and axons. Dendrites bring information to the cell body and axons take away information. This information goes from neuron to neuron on something called the synapse. Neural impulses are generated in axons. On the membrane of axons is a sodium-potassium pump which regulates changes in potential across the membrane. The sodium and potassium channels are reactivated by the changes in potential.
3. Nerve cells send electrical impulses and messages along in a current, enabling the systems to communicate. The impact of neurotransmitters and drugs is that they affect the way someone behaves. For example, one type of neurotransmitter is Epinephrine and that is involved with a human’s energy. If there is not enough then a person will be in depression. Drugs have the same types of affects. For example, if someone overdoses on morphine which is a pain killer, it will make the person sleep for long periods of time.
4. The nervous system is divided into the central nervous system and peripheral nervous system. The central nervous system controls the brain and the spinal cord. The peripheral nervous system controls the somatic nervous system and the autonomic nervous system. The three types of neurons are sensory neurons which carry information into the central nervous system from sense organs, cranial neurons which connect the brain to the spinal cord with the periphery, and the somatic neurons which connect the skin or muscle with the central nervous system.
5. Neural pathways simply connect one part of the nervous system with another. Whereas neural networks work to develop an artificial system that could perform intelligent tasks similar to those performed by the human brain.
6. Several ways to learn about the human brain can be accidents, lesions,...