College Prep Enlgish
April 26, 2011
1) He notices that everything is well preserved and it is like someone put a coat of varnish on the school because everything is well kept. He reflects on how fearful he was during those days for the pre-war. He visits the stair case and a tree showing sad emotions about these two things.
2) He notices that everything is well preserved and it is like someone put a coat of varnish on the school because everything is well kept.
3) It starts fifteen years after he graduates then it shift back his senior year at Devon. The setting is him at Devon in the summer 1942 where he is at the tree with Finny Elwin “Leper” Lepellier, Chet Douglass, and Bobby Zane.
4) The act perform by the Upper Middlers is them jumping off the tree.
5) The narrator means by the west point stride is this sense of conformity and is what Finny tells Gene.
6) Since it is the summer secession the substitute head master Is calm and the students have a lot more freedom and isn’t as strict.
7) Gene tells Finny that he looks like a fairy; Finny wears it as a celebration of the first allied bombing of central Europe. Gene is envy of him a little because Finny can get away with whatever he wants.
8) That the bombings really didn’t happen.
9) Both of these quotes relate to each other because they really do not get outside of Devon and right now they think that they are at peace.
10) Gene means because Devon does not experience any of the fighting that the bombing are so far away that is unreal to them that a war is actually happening because they do not have any firsthand experience of it.
11) He starts to understand that he has this hatred of Finny and he doesn’t owe Finny any real gratitude because Finny was the reason why he was up there in the first place.
12) The super suicide society of the summer session is a society where they do risky things such as jump out...