(1) The medical dictionary defines alcoholism as: “Physical dependence on alcohol to the extent that stopping alcohol use would bring on withdraws symptoms. In popular and therapeutic parlance, the term may also be used to refer to ingraining drinking habits that cause health or social problems. Treatment requires first ending the physical dependence and then making lifestyle changes that help the individual avoid relapse. In some cases, medication and hospitalization are necessary. Alcohol dependence can have many serious effects on the brain, liver, and other organs of the body, some of which can lead the death.”(Medical Net.com) To me alcohol is a bad life changing experience. It has caused more problems to people that I know, than good.
(2) The first time I experienced alcoholism my grandfather Calvin Powers was getting sick from not drinking for a few days. He had started to withdraw from the lack of alcohol, so he went to the beer store. From then on I learned that it had messed his life up thirty years ago from alcoholism. I see firsthand what alcoholism does to a person.
(3) I noticed that alcohol causes dizziness, impairment, nervousness, loss of coordination, staggering, slow reactions, bad vision, slurred speech, aggression, vomiting, and unconsciousness. The bad aspect of it all is one is not generally aware of these changes. Instead, the individual thinks he or she is behaving more efficiently than normally. Infect, performance is much poorer. My grandfather and uncle is a prime example of all of these symptoms.
(4) I grew up around alcohol all my life and I learned that it is a dreadful thing to do. Alcoholism is one of the world’s largest defeats of health problems. Why people drink there self to death, I’ll never know.
(5) Alcoholism is a bad addiction and a family divider, and it will ways cause problems. That’s why I will never get the way my grandfather is, because I don’t want to suffer from alcoholism. I really...