Information Systems in the Organization
Students should be able to answer the following questions:
1. What are the major types of information systems in a business? What roles do they play?
2. Why should managers pay attention to business processes? Why do firms need to integrate their business processes?
3. What are the benefits and challenges of using enterprise systems?
4. What are the benefits of using information systems to support supply chain management and collaborative commerce?
5. What are the benefits of using information systems for customer relationship management and knowledge management?
The following alphabetical list identifies the key terms discussed in this chapter. The page number for each key term is provided.
|Bullwhip effect, 53 |Management-level systems, 39 |
|Collaborative commerce, 54 |Manufacturing and production information systems, 48 |
|Collaborative planning, forecasting, and replenishment (CPFR), 55 |Office systems, 42 |
|Decision-support systems (DSS), 44 |Operational-level systems, 38 |
|Desktop publishing, 43 |Private industrial networks, 55 |
|Document imaging systems, 43 |Reverse logistics, 52 |
|Enterprise applications, 47 |Strategic-level systems, 39 |
|Executive support systems (ESS), 45 |Supply chain, 52...