WHY WATER IS IMPORTANT TO US?
Water is important in many ways to us, for our body and for Earth.
* For our body - Water is essential to your body’s temperature regulation, keeping it cool through perspiration.
* Water flushes out toxins and wastes.
* Water is a major component of blood, which carries nutrients and oxygen to and from all cells.
* Water cushions joints and protects tissues and organs like the brain from shock and damage.
* HOW/WHY IS IT USED AND NEEDED?
* Water can be used for many of different things in society. Water is used in everything from dams to generate electricity, to a weapon for firefighters to extinguish fires. There is really no limit.
* THE ROLE OF WATER IN OUR BODY SYSTEM?
* First and most important, water keeps us alive. You can survive up to two months without food, you can only survive a few days without water. It’s a lifeline.
* Water provides a balance in the body – homeostasis. It provides an absorption of the water-soluble substances, transportation of the nutrients to the target cells and the excretion of waste products of the body’s metabolism.
* BIO-CHEMICAL MAKE UP OF WATER?
* H2O = 2 Hydrogen atoms and one Oxygen atom.
WATER IN CURRENT EVENTS?
* Water takes a big role in current events from shortages, to excesses. Las Vegas, Nevada, for example, is experiencing a shortage of water. The water consumed per person is at an all time low, however the population continues to grow leading to an unsustainable water supply.
* Floods and hurricanes are an example of too much water in one location. Hurricanes and floods are happening in different areas all over the world. They are dangerous, can be fatal, and damaging to cities.
* WATER AND THE LAS VEGAS VALLEY?
* LAKE MEAD - Las Vegas, Nevada is in a desert, so there’s not much water. The biggest body of water in Nevada is Lake Mead, which is also the largest reservoir in the United...