202.1.1 Describe the duties and responsibility's of your own role.
* To act as a key worker for a group of residents under the guidance of a registered nurse.
* To provide the highest standards of holistic care and attention for residents.
* To assist in washing, dressing, toileting and personal hygiene as per care plan.
* To assist in maintaining safe levels of care and ensuring safe practise.
* To assist in maintaining accurate records in accordance with the registration and legal requirements.
* To carry out instructions by senior staff in an efficient and conscientious manner.
* To be prepared to carry out any aspects or care on non-caring duties requested by nurse in charge.
* To help provide essential physical and mental stimulation by participating in recreational and social activities with residents individually or in a group.
202.1.2 Identify standards that influence the way your role is carried out.
* Care Standards Act 2000
* Domiciliary Care Regulations 2002
* Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
* Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992
* Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999
* Codes of Practice
* National Occupational Standards
202.1.3 Describe ways to ensure that personal attitudes or beliefs do not obstruct the quality attitude of work.
* Do not let your personal feelings get in the way of doing your job correctly
* Treat everybody as an equal and work to support the residents needs
* Have a positive attitude towards all of the residents you take care of
* Ensure you follow the policies and procedures of your work setting without making exceptions for anybody
* Respect the rights each of the residents have
* Do not allow prejudice in the work setting and give everybody the same opportunities, regardless of your opinions
202.2.1 Explain why reflecting on work activities is an important way to develop knowledge, skills...