I have been planning for quite some time now to share my thoroughly enjoyable trip to Malaysia (KL, Langkawi and Genting) and Singapore. I searched through trip-advisor and other resources before finalizing the hotels and the places to visit.
I hope the time I invested in planning this trip and my research will help other people who want to visit these two wonderful countries.
Just the gist for the target-conscious:
* Kuala Lumpur is a good place but for not more than 2 days.
* Genting is worth a trip. Not so much for the rides but for the way it has been made. A maze of outdoor park, indoor shows, hotels, shops, casinos, pretty as a picture and a fun-packed wonderland.
* Langkawi is heavenly, beautiful – ideal for honeymoon and relaxing.
* On the other hand, Singapore despite its many malls has created fabulous tourist attractions on a tiny island, like Sentosa, Night Safari etc.
* Total cost of trip for two (excluding shopping): INR 100,000 approx
* Hotel price depends on the time of booking (advance) and the time of the year.
THINGS TO DO IN ADVANCE:
1. BOOK TICKETS:
Option 1: Book round trip from Airasia:
Hyd/Delhi/Bangalore/Chennai/Mumbai/Kolkata ) to KaulaLumpur - Approx cost (round trip): Rs 5,200/person (if booked 3-4 months in advance)
Option2: Book one way from Airasia and can return back from Singapore through Tiger Airways
The return ticket from Singapore is a bit expensive but you can save a lot specially if you want to buy electronic items from Singapore (expect a minimum saving of INR10,000 on a 32” LCD)
My flight bookings:
* Airasia return ticket – Hyderabad to Kuala Lumpur
* Airasia – One way flight ticket from Langkawi to Singapore
Train: Langkawi Express (From Kuala-lumpur to Alor Setar) - From Alor Setar you need to take a ferry to reach Langkawi
Class: Air conditioned...