Differentiation strategy-Barista v/s CCD
• CCD opened its first cafe in 1996 on Brigade Road in Bangalore. Has largest cafe retail chains in India with 326 cafes in 65 cities around India. Head Quartered in Bangalore, majority of cafes in Bangalore. Coffee Day sources coffee from 5000 acres of coffee estates, the 2nd largest in Asia • Barista traces its roots back to the old coffee houses in Italy. The aroma of fine Barista coffee permeated in over 150 espresso bars across India, Sri Lanka and the Middle East. • •
• Amalgamated Bean Coffee Trading Company Ltd. (ABCTCL), popularly known as Coffee Day, a Rs. 300 crore ISO 9002 certified company. 332 outlets across 70 cities . Each store requires an investment of about Rs 35-50 lakh. A cafe is being opened in Vienna as well. Café Coffee Day is a division of India's largest coffee shops. Coffee Day sources coffee from 5000 acres of coffee estates . The group turnover is expected to be around 3 to 4 billion. • BARISTA COFFEE COMPANY LTD has chalked out a major expansion plan involving an investment of over Rs.25 crores. Barista to launch new concept stores called Barista Crème. The company plans to take the total network to around 170 outlets by the year-end from the present 130. The company plans to set up Barista Crème outlets in Mumbai, Bangalore.
• • • • • •
• • • • Key Shareholders- Sterling Group of Companies. Strong brand equity-at reasonable cost . Pioneers of organized coffee retailing .
Barista sees a major role being played by it's franchisees
• • Meeting place for friends and colleagues. Chicory blend rumour
• Barista to invest Rs.25 cr: Barista Coffee Company Ltd., a wholly – owned entity of...