GCE Physical Education
OCR Advanced GCE in Physical Education: H554
This Support Material booklet is designed to accompany the OCR Advanced GCE specification in Physical Education for teaching from September 2008.
Scheme of Work 5
Sample Lesson Plan 17
Other forms of Support 17
A new structure of assessment for A Level has been introduced, for first teaching from September 2008. Some of the changes include:
• The introduction of stretch and challenge (including the new A* grade at A2) – to ensure that every young person has the opportunity to reach their full potential
• The reduction or removal of coursework components for many qualifications – to lessen the volume of marking for teachers
• A reduction in the number of units for many qualifications – to lessen the amount of assessment for learners
• Amendments to the content of specifications – to ensure that content is up-to-date and relevant.
OCR has produced an overview document, which summarises the changes to Physical Education. This can be found at www.ocr.org.uk, along with the new specification.
In order to help you plan effectively for the implementation of the new specification we have produced this Scheme of Work and Sample Lesson Plans for Physical Education These Support Materials are designed for guidance only and play a secondary role to the Specification.
All our Support Materials were produced ‘by teachers for teachers’ in order to capture real life current teaching practices and they are based around OCR’s revised specifications. The aim is for the support materials to inspire teachers and facilitate different ideas and teaching practices.
Each Scheme of Work and set of sample Lesson Plans is provided in:
• PDF format – for immediate use
• Word format – so that you can use...