This project is undertaken to know whether there is any effect of FM advertisements on sales of products or services & attitude of people towards FM ads. The study was conducted by collecting & analyzing primary as well as secondary data, which has been summarized in order to present recommendations.
The project mainly focuses on issues relating to the advertisements on FM. The project is done keeping in the mind various issues related to people’s perception & their behaviour accordingly. The project gives a sense of effect of Radio advertisements in creating awareness of different products & services.
This very topic was selected for study because of following important points:
• The FM radio industry has registered 60 per cent growth in 2006 within the media and entertainment sector.
• FM radio generated advertising revenue in excess of Rs.500 crore in 2006, according to radio industry estimates
• In India, advertising on FM Radio is very cost effective compared to any other medium. A 10-second advertisement on FM Radio costs one fifth as much as a TV advertisement of the same length on a 24-hr English news channel.
• The mnemonic that is emerged as a popular ring tone which is exactly provided by the famous Akashvaani mnemonic, which successfully crossed the digital divide to catch the attention of end users, radio as a medium of communication still has some catching up to do.
• Radio has come a long way & today is important part of media mix.
• With information being bombarded across media like TV, outdoor, mobile, it is a challenge for radio to stand out.
• Advertisers are increasingly tuning to radio as medium but a lot more leaves to be desired if Indian Radio Ads are to come on par with International standards.
In the present scenario the people tending towards radio because of many reasons like, easy & cheap entertainment, spending much time in traveling, etc.
This present scenario inspired us to take this topic...